Total Pageviews

Monday, October 21, 2013

Keep Moving Forward

This past weekend I had my first weightlifting meet in Franklin, MA. It honestly was a great experience  and can't wait to compete more often. Not going to lie, as I stepped on the platform for the first time, the only thing going through my mind was don't miss the first lift. If i make my opener, the rest is smooth sailing and it was. I went 6/6 while hitting two pr's. 82kg snatch and 103kg CJ. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwVrNcEU7wA (Sorry for the quality, need a better camera phone)

I wanna thank drew and dani for coming to my meet and supporting me the whole time as well as being the best training partners I could ask for. I also wanna thank my coach dan for helping me relax and just focus on lifting, you really are the best. Without you guys, I would not of performed the way I did. So thank you!

I know I have a ways to go but I'm proud most of all that I was able to overcome all of the obstacles that were thrown at me over the past couple of years. Without the support of my family and friends I would not be the person or athlete I am today. I'm getting so much stronger and there is nothing now that can stop me from succeeding. Junior Nationals and Nationals be ready for me.

Matt AKA "little puppy"

No comments:

Post a Comment